Reopening Schools 2020-2021
Plan A starting March 8, 2021
NHCS is operating under Plan B AA/BB schedule in all grades. Pre-K through grade 5 will transition to Plan A on Monday, March 8, 2021. Grades 6-12 will continue to operate under Plan B AA/BB schedule.
Under Plan A, all elementary students will have the option to choose full-time in-person learning or full-time remote learning. Schools will be contacting parents to verify the attendance option they are choosing for their student.
NHCS families should verify PowerSchool contact information is current to receive Connect 5 phone, email, and text notifications from their schools and the district.
School Arrival Traffic Patterns
- All bus riders and walkers will enter through the back bus lot cafeteria side door. All car drop-off students will enter through the cafeteria side door in the front of the school. No walk-ups to the front.
- School begins at 7:50 AM. Car riders and walkers may start entering the building at 7:20 AM.
- Before entering the building, All students will be asked "Have you had any COVID 19 exposure or a diagnosis?" for their health screening. Temperature checks will no longer be done.
- Bus riders must have an attestation on file and will be screened at a station by the back cafeteria side door after exiting the bus.
- Car riders must use the front circular drive as shown above. Students will exit their cars at the sidewalk and be screened at a station at the side cafeteria door.
- If any student or staff can answer yes to any of the questions below, please remain at home and call Nurse Kim for guidance.
- NO parent walk-ups permitted.
- The only screening question to go over with your child, and will be asked every morning is have you had any COVID 19 exposure or a COVID 19 diagnosis?
- Walkers must utilize the screening section off the bus lot and will be asked the same question above.
- Any student that does not pass their screening will be held in the nurses office until a parent/guardian arrives.
- All students must wear masks. No exceptions.
- Breakfast will be offered as a grab-n-go before exiting the cafeteria and will be taken and eaten in the classroom.
- Students must choose to be face-to-face , remote-all or virtual academy. This decision will remain in effect until the end of the year, which is May 27th. And, students will not be able to go back and forth between groups, unless quarantine is approved by the school Nurse.
- All face to face students will come to school 5 days a week, Monday - Friday.
- Remote-all learners will be given learning schedules by their homeroom teacher and must complete all assignments by the due date.
- Virtual Academy learners must log-in to each subject and complete assignments in Edgenuity daily Monday - Friday.
- All students may still choose to remain remote-all under Plan A, but must notify the school prior to March 8th to participate in this learning. They MUST attend any Zooms scheduled by their teacher AND complete assignments daily or by the due date assigned. Click here to review the attendance policy.
- Please verify your students' route and stop time before the start of school on March 8, 2021. All students should be at the bus stop 10 minutes before their scheduled pick-up time. And K-2nd grade parents must be at the bus stop to meets students getting off the bus unless an unaccompanied form is on file.
- All students must be approved by transportation before riding the bus. Please call the office if your student would like to start riding the bus.
- All bus riders will be socially distanced to the maximum distance based on the capacity of the bus or up to 2 a seat. Masks must be worn at ALL times. No exceptions to this on the bus.
- All bus riders will be screened upon arrival to school. In order to be admitted to their classrooms, bus riders will have to pass the screening process. Bus riders who do not pass the screening will be held in the nurses office until the parent/guardian arrives.
- Edulog Parent Portal - Bus tracking phone app directions
- Bus Attestation Form English (required for EACH student prior to riding a bus, please send in with your child or email to Pamela.Wright@nhcs.net)
- Bus Attestation Form Española (requerido para CADA estudiante que viaje en autobús, por favor, diríjase a Bellamy o envíe un correo electrónico a Pamela.Wright@nhcs.net)
- Health screenings will take place upon entry every day.
- Staff and students shall wear face coverings in the building at all times, excluding scheduled, supervised mask breaks.
The Front of the school will be utilized for entry by car riders.
The Back of the school, the bus lot, will be utilized for entry by bus riders and walkers.
- There are directional arrows throughout the hall floors, showing the flow of movement throughout the building.
- There are markers reminding students to maintain a 6 foot social distance from their peers and staff in the hallways and common areas.
- All students will be directed to wash their hands upon entry to the classroom.
- In the classroom, desks are placed apart to the maximum extent possible to maintain proper social distancing or at least 3 feet.
- The water fountains will not be utilized except for the bottle filler feature. Students are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottles with their names on them to refill throughout the day.
Music and Art rooms will be sanitized between each class and maintain the seating chart of their homeroom class.
Library will be conducted in the media room and sanitized daily.
Physical Education classes will take place outdoors, weather permitting. No PE equipment will be shared.
Playground use will be limited to certain classes at a time and divided up into sections with these class pods. No shared equipment will be allowed. Playground equipment is now open to use.
Each student will have his or her own instructional materials.
Lunches will be taken and eaten in the classrooms and desks will be sanitized before and after lunch.
All check-in's and check-outs will be done at the front door, after ringing the doorbell. For check-ins, a staff member will be out to escort the student down to their classroom. For check-outs, please be prepared to hold your photo ID up to the camera for a staff member to retrieve your child from class. They will then be walked out the front door to you. No check-outs after 2pm.
Bus dismissal and walkers will be staggered by grade level and car riders will be called from the classrooms.
- Car riders who do not pass screening will be escorted to the nurses office and a parent/guardian will be called to pick up.
- Bus riders who do not pass the screening will be moved to the nurses office while a parent/guardian is contacted to return home.
- Students who present with any COVID-like symptoms throughout the day will be sent to the nurses office until a parent/guardian arrives to check-out.
- All staff and students are expected to wear masks at all times while in the building.
- Masks should be school appropriate.
- Supervised 5 minute mask breaks will be provided throughout the day while maintaining six feet distance from others.
- While doing rigorous exercise outside, masks may be removed, as long as a six foot distance is maintained.
- A clean mask should be worn every day.