Reopening Schools 2020-2021
Plan A starting January 19, 2021
NHCS will operate under Plan C for grades pre-K through 5 with remote learning for all through January 22, 2021. Grades 6-12 will continue to operate under Plan B AA/BB schedule. Grades pre-K through 5 will transition to Plan B AA/BB schedule on January 25, 2021.
Health data will be assessed on a continuous basis and updates will be posted as they become available at www.nhcs.net and on NHCS Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram platforms.
NHCS families should verify PowerSchool contact information is current to receive Connect 5 phone, email, and text notifications from their schools and the district.
School Arrival Traffic Patterns
- All bus riders and walkers will enter through the back bus lot door. All car drop-off students will enter through the main front door. No walk-ups to the front.
- School begins at 7:50 AM. We will start screening car riders and walkers at 7:20 AM.
- All students and staff will be given temperature checks and health screenings before entering the building.
- Bus riders must have an attestation on file and will be screened at a station by the back door after exiting the bus.
- Car riders must use the front circular lot and remain in their cars. Students will be screened at the 4 designated check points prior to exiting their vehicles.
- NO parent walk-ups permitted.
- Screening Questions to go over with your child, and will be asked every morning: a. Do you have any new symptoms? b. Within the past 14 days, have you been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 or COVID-like symptoms? c. Have you had a positive COVID test within the past 10 days? d. Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told you to quarantine or self-isolate because of COVID-19 infection?
- Walkers must utilize the screening section near the back door off the bus lot and will be asked the same questions above.
- All students must wear masks.
- Breakfast will be offered as a grab-n-go as they enter either door in the morning and will be eaten in the classroom.
- Students must choose to be face-to-face , remote-all or virtual academy and may not switch until Quarter 4, which is March 8th.
- Face-to-face will attend in person learning Monday - Friday.
- Virtual Academy must log-in and complete assignments in Edgenuity daily Monday - Friday.
- All students may still choose to remain remote-all under Plan A, but must notify the school prior to December18th to participate in this learning. They MUST attend all Zooms AND complete assignments daily or by the due date assigned.
- Please verify your students' route and stop time before the start of school on January 19, 2021. All students should be at the bus stop 10 minutes before their scheduled pick-up time. And K-2nd grade parents must be at the bus stop to meets students getting off the bus unless an unaccompanied form is on file.
- All bus riders must wear a mask at ALL times. No exceptions to this on the bus.
- All bus riders will be screened upon arrival to school. In order to be admitted to their classrooms, bus riders will have to pass the screening process. Bus riders who do not pass the screening will be held in the nurses office until the parent/guardian arrives.
- Edulog Parent Portal - Bus tracking phone app directions
- Bus Attestation Form English (required for EACH student prior to riding a bus, please send in with your child or email to Pamela.Wright@nhcs.net)
- Bus Attestation Form Española (requerido para CADA estudiante que viaje en autobús, por favor, diríjase a Bellamy o envíe un correo electrónico a Pamela.Wright@nhcs.net)
- Symptom screenings will take place upon entry every day.
- Staff and students shall wear face coverings in the building at all times, excluding scheduled, supervised mask breaks.
The Front Entrance door will be utilized for entry by car riders.
The Back Entrance door off the bus lot, will be utilized for entry by bus riders and walkers.
- There are directional arrows throughout the hall floors, showing the flow of movement throughout the building.
- There are markers reminding students to maintain a 6 foot social distance from their peers and staff in hallways.
- All students will be directed to wash their hands upon entry to the classroom.
- In the classroom, desks are placed 1-3 feet apart to maintain the maximum social distancing possible.
- The water fountains will not be utilized except for the bottle filler feature. Students are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottles with their names on them to refill throughout the day.
Music and Art rooms will be sanitized between each class.
Library will be conducted in the classrooms.
Physical Education classes will take place outdoors, weather permitting. No PE equipment will be shared.
Playground use will be limited to certain classes at a time and divided up into sections with these class pods. No shared equipment will be allowed.
Each student will have his or her own instructional materials.
Lunches will be taken and eaten in the classrooms and desks will be sanitized before and after lunch.
All check-in's and check-outs will be done at the front door, after ringing the doorbell. For check-ins, a staff member will be out to escort the student down to their classroom. For check-outs, please be prepared to hold your photo ID up to the camera for a staff member to retrieve your child from class. They will then be walked out the front door to you.
Bus dismissal and walkers will be staggered by grade level and car riders will be called from the classrooms.
- Car riders who do not pass screening will not be permitted to get out of their vehicle and must leave with guardian.
- Bus riders who do not pass the screening will be moved to the nurses office while guardians are contacted to return home.
- Students who present with any COVID-like symptoms throughout the day will be moved to the nurses office until a guardian arrives to check-out.
- All staff and students are expected to wear masks at all times while in the building.
- Masks should be school appropriate.
- Supervised 5 minute mask breaks will be provided throughout the day while maintaining six feet distance from others.
- While doing rigorous exercise outside, masks may be removed, as long as a six foot distance is maintained.
- A clean mask should be worn every day.